1/18/10

VERBAL SPANKING


I am so angry right now! There is a company called Fresh Direct here in New York City that I just got a shipment from. I usually don't order from them because I can't stand how many boxes they go through without any sort of recycling program! Such a waste. I will admit they do have some of the higher quality produce and perishables in the city.

I had to order from Fresh Direct this weekend because Whole Foods ran out of their 365 Electrolyte water...indefinitely because someone can't get the bottle deposit sticker attached to their bottles that New York State Law requires them to have. Lame.

You're probably wondering why I'm even ordering bottles of water in the first place. New York law allows my business only to serve beverages in closed containers so I really don't have too many sanitary options. I also want to make sure our clients get enough hydration after our treatments so it's for their convenience as well. (We do hire a special recycling service by the way!!!)

Anyway back to the anger part. I went online to order out of the organic section.
I went to each category: beverages, snacks, etc and ordered baby carrots, Acai juice, KASHI bars, etc. I have never looked at a Kashi box so I did not know that it was not organic until I received my groceries. In fact only two of the 6 items I ordered were organic. What's really not so funny is when I got my packing receipt only the Kashi is listed in the organic and natural (love how they add the natural to the receipt) and everything else is listed in other categories. I went back to the site to see if I had accidentally gone to another part of their site and surely enough I was still in the "ORGANIC" section of the web.

I immediately emailed Fresh Direct and complained about their Organic section situation. I suggested to them that the certified organic should be separated from the natural. To me natural has typified bland anyway.

I have learned a very big lesson. It seems as though unless the word "ORGANIC" is in the name of the product it's not going to be organic. Even if organic is in the name it may not even be organic. This is such a pain in the butt!!!

I'll let you know if Fresh Direct decides to reply!

No comments: