1/31/10

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS


I was a little crazed this morning to get my laundry done after I got a last-minute call to do something for the Tyra Banks show today. I was at the end of my cute clothes.
That being said there was only a very large corner deli available for me to get my nourishment from....especially at 8am.

I began to scour the store for organic products or even anything that would resemble something even healthy. I've found that most delis at least carry Stonyfield yogurt. I was a little disgruntled over the fact that the only thing that I found in the ENTIRE STORE was a honey Honest Tea. Nothing like having some organic cane sugar to start your day off right!

I have discovered most organic products that are conveniently available to me are prepackaged. I'm seeing a LOT of organic cane sugar in a lot of these certified organic products which is really not good for the insulin!!!! It's only going to spike it and make me gain weight with my already fragile metabolism.

The question is would you do the prepackaged organic products or the possibly GMO fresh foods? I would prefer fresh, but I'd rather speak to an expert about this.

To finish my story when I got to the cash register I looked at the bottle and told the clerk out of the 2000+ sq feet he has in that store only 1 product was organic.
He just looked at me a little puzzled and could only say "really?".

I wanted to say and by the way most of the rest of the store's products organic or not were garbage. But the reality is if people weren't making these choices they wouldn't stock their stores with this crap!

No comments: