1/13/10

BON APPETIT!


Today was both an exciting and bittersweet day. I am finally less groggy and have a little more energy. Not all of it, but it's better. I also had to lay off of working out for a couple of days because I was that lethargic.
I also noticed that my hands and ankles are not as swollen as they usually are. Hmmmmm. Going to have to ask them what they do with the salt in their food (if they add any at all).

So back to the sad part I just ran into one of the owners of DUCKS, a very inventive restaurant at the popular ping pong club SPIN NYC (Susan Sarandon is one of the backers). For months I have been begging them to do a gluten-free menu. I pleaded with them to switch out their bread on their sandwiches for lettuce because I couldn't eat most of what was on their menu. I had been tested to have a wheat and possibly a gluten intolerance as well.

The minute I gave up hope of them changing the menu was the minute they changed the menu for ME and every other wheat intolerant person out there! So giving up DUCKs is going to be a big sacrifice for me on this organic journey. Who knows....with the farmer's market nearby maybe they can be inspired to change.

Back to the exciting. I had a wonderful lunch from Organique of tender beef with some colorful and crunchy haricots verts. And because it is Wednesday I indulged in their free wednesday organic coffee. Organic Lunch total? $6.87!

Sorry Ducks. I'm going to have to go with my health for now!

No comments: