4/17/10

A LITTLE PERSPECTIVE



I was eating once again at Gustorganics the other day in NYC and found that they were promoting a new film called FRESH.

I feel that the more we know about our food and its sources the better decisions we can make. I personally have not seen it yet and the screenings are not available in my area at this minute, but they do give the option to buy your own DVD.

I wonder how/ if this could be any different or better than the FUTURE OF FOOD was or FOOD, INC? I guess I'll have to let you know. They say that the movie is about people trying to rethink the food system. Our current industrial model has "consequences" which include "environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, food contamination, and obesity."

One thing that I do know if that there is no restaurant I feel better than eating at than Gustorganics AND I know he has integrity. How I feel at the end of that meal is becoming the most important thing to me! Oh and p.s. when can you ever eat a huge bowl of pesto pasta with 3 heapings of parmesan cheese and still lose weight?!

No comments: