2/3/10

"HAVE IT YOUR WAY"


Given a need for continued discovery and research I decided to look at one of Jared's finds from Clean Plates NYC. Chipotle is actually one block down from my office. I went online first to check out what the story is with it's organic/resourcing status. I am quite impressed with the efforts that it has put in to make fast food healthy. It does show that healthier food can be done on a mass scale. The cheese is a vegetable-based rennet(vegetarian). 30% of their beans are organic. The chicken is raised with high standards....so I decided to indulge in the burrito bowl which consisted of rice, beans, chicken, guacamole, cheese, lettuce, and hot sauce.
It's about an hour later and I am really feeling a bloat that I haven't had in a while. I'm also very thirsty.

While Chipotle's burrito bowl wins in taste, there's two things the bloat could possibly be: the beans (which I don't normally have that problem with beans) or the salt content. I would believe that the salt could be the culprit because I downed 1 quart of water in this cold weather a lot faster than I normally do.

Not sure if Chipotle is the place for me at this time, but I applaud their efforts and hopefully I will get a chance to ask the CEO about his thoughts on organic, etc.
Here's a quick clip direct from the CEO about chicken and antibiotics.

No comments: