3/1/10

FOO ON TOFU!


Yesterday on my way back to the office I walked through Korea town in NYC. There's a restaurant that I have been wanting to try for ages because they widely advertise their Tofu is 100% organic.

When I arrived to my seat I asked the waitress is the meal was 100% organic and not just the Tofu and she said yes. Their menu even advertised no MSG.

Before I could even walk out the door my stomach began to swell. I decided to walk back to the office which is a 15 min brisk walk, and felt my stomach swelling even more by the minute.

I haven't had this kind of reaction since my stomach being paralyzed! I had chosen the vegetarian tofu curry, but something in that meal caused a severe reaction.

After sleeping it off I awoke to swollen hands and bags under my eyes with a swollen face as if I had been on an all night drinking binge.

My energy was also off as if I'd had also been hung over!!!

The only thing I can think of is the waitress must have been mistaken. The only thing that must have been organic was the tofu, if that. Since I walk by there at least once a week I'll have to pull a manager aside to find out what in the heck could possibly be in there to give me that kind of reaction!!!

Moral of the story? Buyer beware!

No comments: