7/4/10

CALORIES MATTER?


Last night I had about 8 oz of steak, 4 servings of the fattiest potatoes, and a tiramisu (pictured here). In total I'm guessing I consumed over 3000 calories. Earlier that day I had a chicken and sausage gumbo and a high protein shake called orgain which definitely hit over 1000 calories. For breakfast I had a raw salad that would probably equal at least 600 calories. All in all there were at least 4000 calories consumed in the day. It takes 3500 calories to equal a pound.

I have not been able to eat this volume of food since high school! Off of eating these foods I am losing weight. If you had told me this in the past that calories may not matter I would have told you that's crazy!

Things to consider: all of the food that I am consuming is organic. No I do not have a tapeworm. Yes I am exercising less than I was when I first started....maybe 3-4 times a week instead of 7 days a week.

The reason I am bringing this up is because I was blasted for not making sense on this journey. I have both doubters and cheerleaders. I didn't say I knew what I was doing. I just thought it made sense that since my body had difficulty losing weight for many reasons that I would go back to the way I used to eat when I was thin. It was a time where we grew and ate our own food or bought from a store that locally sourced our food.

Don't get me wrong. Even my father thinks organic and my weight is a bunch of crap, but I can't wait to see him in August and have him tell me he still thinks that way.
Even my skin looks like it used to.....clear and soft.

So now I want to find a documentary/filmographer that will test twins eating the same foods for three to six months. The only difference is the one twin will be eating industrial foods and the other one will be eating organic! That's a true test!

In the meantime I'm going to dig up more fun facts like how low levels of toxins absorbed by the body can lower the thyroid function thus causing your metabolism to slow down.
I don't know of any toxins in any foods do you? I just found out from a doctor on thursday that margerine is one molecule away from plastic! Hmmmmm.

No comments: