7/27/10

EVENING DELIGHT



I think Organic has been taken to a whole different level with some of my friends. I was invited to a dinner event where my friends Taylor and Ronnie prepared striped bass ceviche(cooked) with a spicy mango and cilantro chutney. What was so special about the dish is the fish was caught by Taylor on a mini escape from the city! Does it get any fresher than that? http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=139113836109984

The thing is there is no USDA certification for fish according to Gustorganics owner Alberto Gonzales. That may be so, but I can say there is definitely a difference between getting farm-raised versus wild caught fish. The fish are not raised in stifling proximity to each other or raised off of feed made from GMO corn. Who ever heard of feeding fish corn anyway?

Oh by the way the Ceviche stole the show and I was honored that the hostess Stephanie had gone so far out of her way to make sure that everything was organic.

Still trying to figure out how to score some of the leftovers. My schedule has been insane!

No comments: