6/7/10

SUPERSIZE ME


So I FINALLY got a chance to see Supersize Me, the movie on Hulu the other day.
It's the first time I didn't fall asleep through it like I had a couple of times in the past. Watching another person's inevitable indigestion never really appealed to me.

BUT what I'm so glad I got to see was Appleton Central High School's changes in the diet with their students. These kids tend to have aggression and ADD among many issues, but the school seemed to find less resistance and more improvement in scores when they switched out chicken nuggets and processed foods for the nutritious meals.

The most exciting thing I could have heard is that the food that comes from a contractor called NATURAL OVENS BAKERY is no more expensive than the US Government's food they supplied to the schools.

This means that cost is not an issue when it comes to eating well!!!!!

So my next mission is to speak with the company and figure out how we can better source our foods. I also think the owner of Gustorganics is writing something on this subject as well.

Stay tuned! I think there are more exciting things ahead!!!!!

No comments: