5/24/10

HANGOVER CLASSIC


So for the last few days I was working on a client's Bar mitzvah. No expense was spared when it came to the great event. Despite how rude I may have appeared I still felt it was essential to find out if any of the food was organic. At this juncture I felt it was better to starve than to put crap back into my body.

On the first night the restaurant I went to with my client was offended that I would think that their food was not of the highest quality. On the second day I stepped out of the party to buy a stash of organic cheese and nuts that I scoped while riding in the car on my way to the Bar Mitzvah. As I reentered the party the server I initially asked if their food was organic said that the food they had for the kids was organic, but the adults was not. I thought that was a really odd statement. I decided instead of being all out rude about the situation that I would trust the server and risk eating the food. They had quail eggs with a truffle center, lamb skewers, all kinds of chocolates, endless alcohol......all so very tempting.

Before the end of the night I had a throbbing headache (only consumed water). When I got back to my client's apartment I pulled out the cheese and nuts hoping to settle my stomach.

The next morning when I awoke I felt as if a truck had run over me. I have never had a hangover, but if I did this would probably be the closest feeling to it!!!
That horrible feeling lasted two days!!!!

Moral of the story is I highly doubt that the food I ate at the event was organic. Someone had a field day with me. I NEVER thought I would feel so bad after eating food. I have an allergy to wheat so I know what a food allergy is like, but this one takes the cake!

The question is what was in that food?!!!!

No comments: